What types of scanners can I use?
Several different models of scanners are made available based on merchant needs/check volume. The following list is a sample of the scanners that are available from Unysis:
- MyVisionX – 30 DPM – 30 Doc Input with Inkjet
- MyVisionX – 30 DPM – 100 Doc Input with Inkjet
- MyVisionX – 60 DPM – 30 Doc Input with Inkjet
- MyVisionX – 60 DPM – 100 Doc Input with Inkjet
- MyVisionX – 90 DPM – 100 Doc Input with Inkjet
What initial warranty is included with the scanner?
Depot repair service (defined below) is included with the scanner for the first 12 months. However, through JGB Bank Merchant Capture, customers will be provided a one year Advance Exchange (defined below) warranty with each scanner.
If the scanner is damaged in shipping or fails within the first 30 days following installation, customers should contact Unisys directly for a replacement.
These are the two levels of service offered for maintenance of the scanner:
- Depot Repair (Mail-In Service) – This service is available to clients for products enrolled under Depot Repair. Failed units may be shipped, at the client's expense, to a Unisys designated location where they will be repaired or exchanged within seven business days, and return shipped, at Unisys’ expense, to the client.
- Advanced Exchange Service – This service is available on selected products enrolled under Advanced Exchange during the Principle Period of Maintenance (PPM). If the client notifies Unisys of a failed unit no later than four hours prior to the end of the PPM, Unisys will ship an exchange unit to the client using a next day delivery service. If client notification of a failed unit occurs less than four hours prior to the end of a PPM, Unisys will ship an exchange unit to the client on the following PPM using a next day delivery service. Upon receipt, the client will install the exchanged unit and ship the failed unit (prepaid) to a Unisys designated location within 14 days, or the client is billed for the price of the exchange unit. PPM is defined as Monday through Friday, except Unisys holidays, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (often called 5x9x4 as in 5 days per week, 9 hours a day, with 4 hour response time).
Are extended warranties available?
Yes. Extended warranties can be purchased for an additional fee based on desired term of coverage. Customers should contact JGB Bank for extensions to the original warranty.